Once upon a time in a land far away, there was a blog that did season predictions. And now we get to laugh at them because they are fools.
- Barcelona (nailed it!)
- Atletico Madrid (off by -1)
- Real Madrid (off by 1)
- Sevilla (off by -3)
- Valencia (off by -7)
- Athletic Bilbao (off by -1)
- Villarreal (off by 3 — obviously I meant to switch Sevilla and Villarreal! Obviously!)
- Real Sociedad (off by -1)
- Malaga (off by 1)
- Espanyol (off by -3)
- Getafe (off by relegation levels of crap)
- Celta Vigo (off by 6)
- Real Betis (off by 3)
- Sporting Gijon (off by -3)
- Levante (off by really, really relegated levels of crap)
- Granada (nailed it!)
- Rayo Vallecano (off by -1, to their relegated chagrin)
- Deportivo La Coruña (off by 3)
- Eibar (off by 5)
- Las Palmas (off by 9! Holy yowza!)
Okay, so nerd time: thanks to friggin’ Las Palmas, I was off by an average of 3.15 places (spot on with 2 predictions, off by just 1 with 6 teams). I claim some sort of moral victory for that prediction, but man, if Atleti had beaten Levante, of all teams, I would have been spot on 4 times! That’s 20% of the time and 20% is basically perfection, right?
Here are my other predictions from the season, also with comments:
Pichichi: Cristiano Ronaldo (50) — Thankfully, it was Suarez with 40 and little ol’ flex-o-matic “only” got 35 (with 6 penalties)
Most Assists: Lionel Messi (30) — Nailed it! Or at least according to Fotmob, which is now the only source of stats I will look at. Tied with Suarez, with 16.
Most Goals (Team): Barcelona (112) – Nailed it! Like, exactly. 112 goals! Thanks for the last day hat trick, Mr. Pistolero.
Fewest Goals (Team): Las Palmas (25) – Las Palmas netted 45 goals, 9 more than the league-lowest 34 Real Betis managed…one place above them in tenth. What?
Most Clean Sheets: Atletico Madrid (19) – Nailed it! But no real prize there. They got 24 clean sheets just in La Liga.
Best Signing: Jackson Martinez – Okay maybe from a profit standpoint? But yeah, no.
Worst Signing: Alvaro Negredo – I don’t even know how to quantify this so, I’ll just say nailed it?
Copa del Rey Champions: Real Madrid – hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha take a breath hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
- Barça 2nd (or even third!), but a run at the CL. – Nooooope.
- Atletico Madrid – (off by -2, having also given Jackson Martinez a nod as a great signing)
- Barcelona – (off by 1)
- Real Madrid – (off by 1)
Better luck next year, to all of us.