Have you ever wanted to try your hand at designing logos and banners? Well, here’s the deal, folks: we’re looking to improve the look of this here blog (I know, that’s crazy!), so we’re offering you just such a chance. Because this is a community-based blog and one that highly respects both the insight and talents of our readers, we’re opening this design competition to you.
What’s more, when we have all of your submissions, we’ll pick the best of the bunch and put them on display for you to vote on! I know there are some really creative people out there, but I’m also positive that there are some of you out there with hidden talent and we’d all love to see what you can do. Just remember, if it’s totally awesomely awesome, it will become the BFB Twitter and Facebook logo as well! Yay!
I’m trying to think of a great prize for the winner, but all I can come up with is that I’ll write a poem in your honor as well as photoshopping something awesome. Maybe I’ll write you into a Banquillo too, if you’re lucky. Please suggest something else I can give the winner that would be fun and appropriate for all ages.
Because we have both the logo and the banner to go with here, there are different sizes you can work with.
Logo: 200 X 90
Banner: 728 X 90
- All logos and banners should have some way of identifying this as the Barcelona Football Blog (for instance, you can use BFB as the initials if you feel you are space-constrained).
- Try to use Barcelona’s colors, but you don’t have to.
- Please keep it clean and family-friendly. That means, for instance, no pictures of Natalie Portman’s head photoshopped onto Jenna Jameson’s body; it also means nothing that could be construed as racist, homophobic, or otherwise derogatory towards any group or individual.
- Please submit your, uh, submissions by one week from today: Thursday, November 26, 2009.
- Be creative! (Also, feel free to have fun with this, eh?)
You can send your submissions to info[at]barcelonafootballblog[dot]com and I’ll let you know that I have received it.
Here’s an example of why I’m probably not going to win this competition:
I drew that. I mean, I made that with a computer program and lots of copying and pasting and typing. You can now do the same! Please make it better than that.
Remember, send submissions to info[at]barcelonafootballblog[dot]com.